Tuesday, May 12, 2009

a "melt your heart" moment

i came home today from my first "day" at archiver's. (really i watched training videos and read manuals for two hours, but still...)
i got to the door and xander came running outside wearing an apron, giggling and then he ran back in. caught up in his excitement i turned to todd. he said that they had something planned for me and he took my armload full of stuff at the door.
a little man in an orange apron with a white towel folded over his arm greeted me. "welcome to the little restaurant", and with a little coaching from the sidelines he sat me at the table. "i will be your waiter tonight." "the menu tonight is hot dogs, macaroni & cheese, beans {what kind of beans dad?}, steakhouse beans, and fruit." "what condiments would you like on your hot dog?" "will that be all" "enjoy your meal".
i could not help but grin and feel like a giddy school girl. it was so cute, although that doesn't begin to describe how totally and utterly adorable he was, reciting his lines with such seriousness and manners. he was the perfect gentleman....the perfect waiter, taking care of his "patient".
(while i was eating he called todd into the office where he was waiting, "chef, let me know when the patient is finished")
the whole thing was one of those moments when you think your heart will melt cause it is so stinkin' sweet!



2 comments:

Jazz and Rod said...

how cute!! Oh i love that he referred to you as his "patient"! So cute!

Brittney said...

LOVE IT! I can picture the whole thing in my mind. He's got such a great little personality!