Thursday, May 14, 2009

letter to xander

xander's pre-k teacher requested each of the parents write a letter to their child, telling them why they were special or why they were loved... i took the challenge on at 11:00pm the night before she wanted it, and decided to scrapbook a little page (picture to be added later when i get it back). i sat at my computer at 1:00am crying as i typed - true story. i love my little boy and don't think words can even begin to express it, but i gave it a try anyway....

I tried to put into words how much I love you

and what I love about you…

I am charmed by your smile, enchanted with your laugh, and mesmerized by your blue eyes.

I am astounded by the amount of knowledge in that

head of yours, how quickly you learn,

and how curious you are.

I find it incredible that you know all your letters and sounds and that you are learning to read

and find it funny that you spell Cassidy’s name

when you talk about her.

I love listening to you sing as loud as you can to High School Musical, Backyardigans and Wicked.

I laugh out loud at your crazy dance moves,

but can tell that you actually have rhythm and will be a great dancer like your dad.

I have had fun playing games with you, like Connect 4, Wii bowling and Uno and chuckle at your attempts to be “strategic”.

I am excited that you enjoy things I do,

like reading, watching musicals and creating.

I am amazed watching you play baseball, marveling at how quickly you have picked up on everything you have been taught (still can’t believe that unassisted triple play!)

and hope that I can watch you play for a long time.

I am grateful for your faith.

I love seeing you being so sweet to your little sister, love watching you protect her and love trying to convince you that she will be your best friend for life!

And I am humbled at your love for me and your family.

I keep asking, but you don’t seem to be listening –

please stop growing!

But if nothing else, I want you to always remember…

you are everything to me!

love, mom

(Dad and Cassidy feel the same way I do!)


1 comment:

Rosalie said...

Well, that sure brought tears to my eyes. Tell Xander Grandma Dolan feels the same way, too.