Sunday, July 27, 2008

her day

today was cassidy's day. her birthday. she loved it! loved the cake todd made her (tinker bell). loved hearing "happy birthday" and asked for it over and over. loved the presents wrapped in princess wrapping paper. loved opening them and finding a stroller and coloring activities and a braves dress, and playdough. loved telling everyone that she was two....
it was a great day for this cute little girl.

p.s. she did not love the animal books with "touch me" textures, monkey slippers and birthday card with a kitty on the front from her grandparents. she said they scared her. she wouldn't even touch them. in fact she scooted herself back away from them and even let out a little scream at the mention of her looking at one of the books. it is a good thing that grandma and grandad have a good sense of humor and don't offend easily. they thought it was hysterical, as did i. she'll come around, and soon she'll be asking for those books as bedtime stories as she wears her fuzzy monkey slippers. silly girl. but i wish i had that camera on her or had caught it on video. but for those who know me and remember my story about a little black lamb i got a present when i was a year old....we can definitely say "like mother, like daughter".

2 comments:

Joanna said...

oh man! and I have your camera in my car!!!! Did you get picts anyway?! With Todds camera?? !!

brnidgrl0912 said...

omigosh - I forgot about the lamb! I was there...and I remember your fear so well. Amazing that I never put that together in my head with the genetic connection and my daughter, as well as yours. Missy was so hurt that day. Glad we have all grown and changed and, well, mellowed with age! :-)