Thursday, January 10, 2008

how 'bout them goals?

as i finished straightening up the laundry room tonight i thought i'd jump on here and give a quick "check in" on my 2008 goals status - a place for everything and everything in it's place.
  • toy room - organized and clean
  • kids room - organized and clean (with two adorable sleeping kids in there right now)
  • my room - organized and clean - except for those random "what-do-i-do-with-these" kind of things
  • living room - in shambles as we are still taking down christmas
  • my office - always and forever will be a mess!
  • kitchen- clean, dishes done, floor mopped last night (can't tell today though), and tupperware cupboard organized. still more cupboards and pantry to go through
  • hallway shelves - organized and surprisingly all the toys and crayons, etc are still in their correct bins "good job xander!"
  • down stairs hall closet - still looking okay
  • upstairs hall closet - can't get to it yet as christmas boxes are in the way
  • bathrooms - will be cleaned on saturday, thoroughly and organized
  • laundry room - organized (must finish the laundry now)
this feels pretty good! i've even got xander cleaning every day. my deal with him is that he cleans with me at 5:00, however long it takes us in whatever room is assigned for that day, and when he is done he can play video games, leapster lmax, or computer games until dinner is done (usually 45 min. or so). everyday he has complained, but everyday he has finally pitched in and not seemed to mind. yeah! another goal going well.

i've also tried to work out a better bedtime schedule for the kids, including reading scriptures. not easy to get kids to listen to 10 verses. don't think it ever will be (mom, dad...i remember!) but the two nights that we got to bed late i was going to skip it, but my four year old pipes up with "mom, what about our scriptures? aren't we going to read them?" keeping me on track.

keeping in touch with friends hasn't really started yet. i'm expecting too much of myself. i keep thinking that i need a cute card to mail to them. but really all i have to do is make a phone call or drop an email. i'll do that one tonight! i can do that. so if you are reading this, your time will come. i'll pop into your life at some point and try to keep up with you!

i haven't really made many scrapbook goals but i would like to do it more. a lot of that will come when i can get my office in good working order. i've cleaned it many times, but obviously my organizing didn't work for me, as my desk blew up again. last night i was doing a project with glue and glitter in my lap. what a joke!

but the reason i was doing the project isn't a joke...it is actually very cool. there is a company locally that creates pens and adhesives that they market to scrapbookers/crafters (among the other products that they make) - tombow - every heard of them? well through working at the scrapbook store several years ago i met a fabulous girl who is the marketing director for tombow. she asked me to do product demonstrations for the company, showcasing 3 new adhesive products, at the big conference called CHA (Crafter/Hobby Association or something close to that). it is being held in california in february and i am creating the make-n-take projects and going to california to demonstrate them. everything is paid for - airfare, hotel, food, and my time preparing and at the conference. i am so excited! a little apprehensive about being gone from my babies for 4 days, but so excited about doing this! so more updates to come on this adventure.

now, what am i going to do about my bedtime schedule. as here i sit 11:30pm. supposed to be upstairs at 10:30 and in bed by 11:00. still working on that one, and for those of you that know me as the night owl that i am, know that this may be the most difficult goal for me to achieve this year!

i have more to write, but oh so tired now. more tomorrow? i'll give it my best shot.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

WAY TO GO! I am impressed, although it sounds like your Christmas break wasn't much of a break!

Joanna said...

oh no! who am I going to call when I need invitation ideas at 10 at night!!! I like having a night owl buddy!! :) (good luck on those goals!)