Wednesday, January 2, 2008

holidays are over

how sad. christmas came and went, hanukkah came and went, even kwannza came and went and now it's a new year. my decorations are still up and probably will be until this weekend, so it still looks festive, but the anticipation is over. xander asked when it would be christmas again - in about 353 days. did i do my math right?

well chirstmas went wonderfully. my mom and dad and brother drove from the land of the snow to join us in 60 degree christmas weather. we caroled we ate, we opened presents, we ate, we stayed up late and we ate! so many supportive family and friends really spoiled my kids this year. totally outdid themselves. a big huge THANK YOU! and chris and katy - you are my heroes!

so the new year is here. goals, resolutions, to do's...yup, i've been making my lists. at the very top are three things that i hope to stick to:
1. a place for everything and everything in it's place - i'm really trying to declutter. it's gonna take a while and i might be doing it all year, but by golly, 5 years in this house and i'm gonna get it done.
2. be better at keeping in touch with friends and family. i've been so wrapped up in me and my issues that i have failed to be there for my friends and family who have had exceptionally challenging years. what was up with 2007 anyway?
3. finish all my application requirements (tests, references, & portfolios) for master's program
4. 365 days of me - i have failed in my journaling attempts, including but not limited to blog entries, weekly or even monthly updates of my kids developments and accomplishments, and just giving myself time to write what i am thinking, feeling and struggling with. so i'm taking a picture of myself everyday and writing a little blurb about me and the day, so at the end of the year i'll have lots of "little diaries".

there they are, there are many more, including the annual "losing weight" one. but more importantly i know that i just need to write these goals in a place that i can read them over everyday to remind myself what i am working for.

happy new year everyone. may all the things i learned in 2007 be helpful in this new year (because if it isn't and i went through all that for nothing then heads may roll :P )

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Good luck with your resolutions. They are some great ones. I agree on 2007 being a tough year for so many? Here's to a little better 2008, right?!?

Clair said...

You're my hero!! Seriously, I love your good attitude about any and everything. You are always smiling and happy. Through it all you're a hard worker, patient, creative and spiritual. You show us all how it should be done. Here's to a new year!!!!!!