Sunday, January 2, 2011

potd 12/26 - 1/2

well, it is sunday, for at least another 15 minutes...so i am on track with my goal to post more on my blog, and to have a picture of the day.

i actually started to get on my blog an hour ago, but sucked into 3 new blogs. one about organizing myself/house/kids/etc., and two about healthy eating for kids. wow, my brain is on overload. i want to do it all...but i know i can't do it all at once. i'll have to see if i can add this in. really good ideas, but will take a little bit of time to wrap my head around, then wrap my kids around, then actually accomplish it.

so, onto the POTD... okay, so some of them i couldn't do just one picture. i know, over achiever! i guess this will be another way i need to simplify my life!

since i will do pictures just for christmas (at some point in the near future) i'll start the day after.

12/26 - playing in the snow was a must today! thank you white christmas. we went to george & pam's to use their sled (really? they have a sled and they live in georgia? that's being prepared) and their hill.
12/27 - sadly, no pictures taken today. i think we stayed home...actually, we went to rachel's and had pizza with my parents. we watched tv, hung out, and ate too much!

12/28 - here it is...my entrance into my mid-30's. xander and cassidy made breakfast for me. xander made scrambled eggs and cassidy did the toast. later that night we had an "oreo" ice cream cake todd had whipped up. blowing out the candles was a great "mom" moment...as cassidy got to them first. and i added the picture of me looking at cassidy's hand-made card. both kids made their own.... cassidy's had something new and exciting, her first written word "MOM". and i love the nonchalant way x is standing next to me, with his hands in the pocket of his hoodie.


12/29 - i spent an hour or so getting ready for my night out with todd and my in-laws. they had big plans for our birthdays. turned out they took us to the varsity (always good for a "famous" hot dog) and then to atlantic station for a cirque du soliel show, "ovo". quite awesome. but no pictures of the night. anyway, while i was getting ready cassidy was working on her own toes. love the outfit, pink long sleeved t-shirt and a pair of xander's old baseball pants. (they were from his first season when he played on the marlins).
12/30 - today we went bowling with joanna & her kids. so cute, and so fun (except for the arcade games!) she has all those pictures. i'll have to get them from her.

12/31 - new year's eve. chinese food, movies at rachel's with her and my parents, counting down to midnight (look at his face, he is so excited!), and sparkling grape juice to toast a new year!
1/1/11 - the first day of the new year. what better way to celebrate than finally having the last night of hanukkah! our schedules got to busy and we never lit the candles for the final night. that and i had promised xander that we would have latkes when we did it. so thank you todd, for making us some "gentile" latkes, as we lit the candles one last time for this year. (okay, technically, since it is 2011 we'll be lighting them again this year. technically.)
and when i should have had my children go to bed at a decent hour, we stayed up to use cassidy's new Easy Bake Oven (merry christmas from rachel!) really, cassidy did a lot of the stirring and pouring, it wasn't just me playing with it. oh, and the dial on the front really doesn't work, but we had to test it out.
1/2/11 - sunday. 9 o'clock church. and dinner at the pett's. no pictures all day long, til i remembered i wanted to do this post and i needed a picture for today. so i grabbed the camera and went into x's room. he was supposed to be in bed. but instead he was at his desk, surrounded by his books and mp3 player, pencils and radio. just as he had organized it. and he was writing. the other night he wrote about the books "the diary of a wimpy kid" which he got for christmas and has been reading. he told me he wrote about them to make sure he didn't forget how to write (while he's been on vacation from school).

so, too long winded? too many pictures? too much writing? oh well. even if no one else reads it right now, i'll have it for later. yeah me!

1 comment:

Clair said...

I think this is one of my most favorite posts you've ever done. Keep up more like these, please! :) Xander is an awesome reader if he's into those books.....I can never get Rocco to just read for fun. Only for assignment. Fun pics!!