Friday, December 31, 2010

here comes 2011

i wish i knew how to make my blog better. i've seen several blogs lately that have section headers, so there could be an "all about me" section, and a blog for personal, and a blog for "scrapbooking".
i'm going to need to figure this out. i have several blogs, but all in different places. would be nice to have them all from the same page. maybe?

that isn't why i came to type tonight. starting a new year, a new age (my age), a new semester at school....always helps me to contemplate my goals for the upcoming year, and reflect on the ones from the year before that i didn't accomplish.

so do i need to put those goals "out there" so i'll be held accountable? or will i just look like i fell flat on my face when i don't live up to the expectations i set for myself?

i have several, but i'll just mention a few...

POTD - picture of the day, take at least one picture everyday to capture LIFE
i really need to keep up with my blog. and i really want to document my life and all that happens with my family and my scrapbooking. i've tried keeping up with a picture a day before, and i didn't do so well. so, here we go, i'm trying again. a picture everyday, and blogging with the pictures on sunday afternoons! so check back on monday, and if i haven't done my blog post, start pestering me!

EXERCISING -
yes to lose weight, but also because i am happier when i do. doesn't mean i am always happy to do it, but that whole chemical balance thing...yup, it works. so something each day. yes, each day. doesn't have to be a full workout, but something scheduled in my planner each day!

PLANNED DINNERS -
i hate getting to 5 and coming up with something for dinner. sometimes i shrug it off to todd, cause he is so much better at putting ingredients together and "whipping something up" than i am. perhaps we'll do more crockpot recipes, or i'll get the meat started the night before, but something has got to change for this family who is too busy in the afternoon to figure it out after we get home from school.

and lastly
ORGANIZE -
a place for everything and everything in its place. i've been doing okay the last part of this year, going through closets and drawers and throwing things away. but i am far from being done. we won't mention the areas that need it the most, but basically, it is the same areas it has been before. in addition, i will make it a nightly ritual to get out the kids clothes for the next day, pack their bags and mine, start dinner (see above), and go through the file system i created to stay on top of bills, birthdays, and the like.

so? what do you think? do-able?

well, it is technically the last day of the year, so HAPPY NEW YEAR. i'll be back on sunday with pictures, cause that is one of my goals and i'll at least keep up with it the first week, right?

No comments: