Monday, August 9, 2010

school's here again

first day of school! first day of school! (name the movie!)
here we go again, but wait, this isn't like any other year! this year both x & c are official! x is first, c is pre-k.
here's what they had to say about their day:
x
"first grade is boring." "sophia and kailey are in my class". "i saw blaine, he is in the classroom next to me." "i went to PE today, but all we did was walk." "wouldn't you know, my snack is before lunch." "i saw CJ in PE."

c
"we didn't get to ride the tricycles." "we didn't get to play in centers." "i have two madison's in my class, and they both wear glasses." "i slept at nap time, and i didn't cry." "i didn't pick my nose, cause rachel told me i'm not supposed to in pre-k." "we made a book. i just writed on paper about how i felt about coming to school. i said happy, but i had to draw a sad face because i don't know how to draw a happy face. can you help me?"

oh how i wish i could watch them in their classrooms. i don't like missing so much of their every day lives. i know, i know, that is just they way it is...cut the strings already. but i miss it, and i want to see my babies. perhaps they'll talk more tomorrow after the second day.

as x puts it...179 days to go.

No comments: