Monday, December 3, 2007

sick week

yup, life here this week included coughs, runny noses, tired kids, tired parents, and pink eye! yuck, yuck and triple yuck. we actually had to stay home from school on tuesday and then cassidy and xander left early on thursday. i really hope this week is not a repeat cause i don't think i can afford to be sick another week.
i am looking forward to parent / teacher conferences this week. yeah me! but i've got to have my game face on! i'm the professional here, right?
well, i'm working on that. this saturday i'm scheduled to take one of the graduate level tests as part of my application into graduate school, hopefully at brenau university here in georgia. (have i mentioned this before?) well with all the job and financial troubles that we have been going through i have decided that i need to make myself a little more marketable and more professional so i can "move up" to the elementary schools if i need to. so i'm attempting a masters in early childhood education and my teaching certificate. once i start it could be 1.5 - 2 years ...which means more sleepless nights, more work during the day, more sickness? i hope not. but i know me, lack of sleep = lack of health.
which reminds me, it is after midnight! i must get to bed, up at 5:30. i really never learn.
alright, i'm rambling. my mind is in five different directions - lesson plans, christmas cards, christmas shopping, p / t conferences and my comfy bed. i think i'll put more thought into that last one now. til later...

1 comment:

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

Wow, grad school. That is great. I can't believe how much you do. I can barely chase one kid around. Good luck and happy holidays.