Thursday, September 20, 2007

happy birthday my baby boy!

okay, so not so baby. but i just can't let him grow up. i don't think my heart can take it.
four years old yesterday....
and tuesday night he says to us "today is my last day being three. i'll never be three again." (now, my child is pretty smart, but he didn't come up with that one on his own. he had help from his teacher.) but it broke my heart.
nope, he'll never be three again. i'm really going to have to say goodbye to the baby.

his birthday on wednesday is officially on "national talk like a pirate day". so for school he brought in a "cupcake" cake that todd had made, frosted with a picture of the jolly roger (the pirate flag) and he wore his pirate hat to school.
that night we had breakfast for dinner, tons of food!
his presents consisted of books, puzzles and dress up costumes- superman, batman, and a cowboy hat & cowboy boots. he put each costume on and did both puzzles, read one of the books and way quite the happy camper with his 4th birthday.
next saturday we will be having a pirate pizza party complete with treasure hunt. pictures to be posted after the event!

2 comments:

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

Wow, what a fun birthday! Or should I say "ARRRRRRR!" He is such an adorable little boy. It is so fun to hear what you are up to.

h said...

Sarah! Hey you! Your mom gave me your blog address. So nice to see pictures of your family. Boy your kids are growing up!

All is well up north. I see your parents once and a while at the dinners. I am still getting into trouble. Miss you...

TedB

I have a new blog if you want to check it out..

http://handkusp.blogspot.com/